To avoid the three Cs, admission is currently limited to visitors with reservations and those accompanying them.
Further details are available in this news announcement.
Welcome to Mulabo!1, an interactive science wonderland for children.
Operated by Murata Manufacturing, Mulabo! features hands-on exhibits teaching the basics of electricity under the theme of "visible science," as well as a café-library where visitors can explore the fun of science in STEAM2-related books.
Science is linked to Murata business activities, and through this place of scientific discovery and thinking, Murata contributes to scientific education and culture.
- 1: Mulabo! is a trademark of Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd., registered in Japan.
- 2: Science、Technology、Engineering、liberal Arts、Mathematics
Visitors to this zone can reserve a time to explore three main hands-on exhibits. Take quizzes on exhibit topics using a Mulabo! guide (smart device) – interactivity makes learning fun. Some areas also incorporate Murata technology.
Admission is currently limited to people with reservations and those accompanying them.
A café-library open to the public. Also features a play area for younger children and a nursing room.
To help prevent airborne infection, acrylic partitions have been set up, and Think Zone seating has been reduced by half.
Even younger visitors will enjoy the interactive content in this zone, where a reception desk is located.
Overhead, the symbolic art recalls items of electronics.
Past the welcoming signage as you ascend to the second floor, illustrations introduce the vital role of electronics and tell the story of Murata component manufacturing.
- 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday to Saturday
- Sunday, Monday, and designated Murata holidays
Circumstances may require us to change the hours of operation or close the venue temporarily.
Details will be posted in the News section of the website.
- Free (currently limited to people with reservations and those accompanying them)
- By train
- 5-minute walk from Shin-Takashima Station, Minatomirai Line
- 12-minute walk from Takashimacho Station, Yokohama Municipal Subway Blue Line
- 15-minute walk from JR Yokohama/Sakuragicho Station
- By bus
- Near the Minatomirai 4-Chome stop, Yokohama Municipal Bus Line
- Vehicle/bicycle parking
- No lot is available. Visitors are encouraged to use public transportation.
4-3-8 Minatomirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama,
Kanagawa 220-0012 Japan